Role Models for the World
Wellbeing aims to improve our overall sense of health, happiness and life satisfaction, while at the same time recognising and knowing how we can support the wellbeing needs of others. It involves developing knowledge, skills and understanding of how we can manage and enhance mental, emotional, social and physical health.
It also encompasses cultivating holistic awareness and respect for the moral, cultural, spiritual and the perspectives of others. This will ensure that our people feel safe, well-cared for and belong to an inclusive, respectful and supportive community.
A positive wellbeing enables us to:
- Develop a culture of care and concern for people where everyone accepts responsibility for their own wellbeing and the impact they have on the wellbeing of others.
- Make informed choices to manage and improve our own mental, emotional, social and physical wellbeing, while at the same time knowing how to access support.
- Recognise and understand how to support the wellbeing needs of others by identifying areas of risk so that they can be reduced and managed appropriately.
- Encounter aspects of good health, through undertaking preventative health care, good nutrition, physical activity and personal safety.
- Regulate emotion in order to experience success and enjoyment while managing challenge and disappointment
- Experience positive relationships and emotional connections through the development of prosocial behaviour and empathy towards others.
- Build tolerance and mutual respect through understanding the perspectives and beliefs of others.